OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation
is seeking talented individuals committed to excellence, honesty, and integrity to join our team. We are a trusted provider of high quality background investigations programs to National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and other intelligence community customers at locations throughout the United States. OMNIPLEX is seeking to fill immediate and upcoming openings for Contract Investigators. A Contract Investigator works for us on an as needed basis and no hours are guaranteed. We prefer Contractors to be available to work a minimum of ten hours per week where work is available. Successful candidate must be willing to travel within a 35-50 mile radius from city location.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct federal background investigations in compliance with all laws, and other required federal agency regulations.
- Conduct in-person, one-on-one subject interviews to obtain factual information about the individual's background and character, in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Obtain factual information from a variety of personal and record sources to produce a report of investigation, containing all pertinent facts, of an individual's background and character, in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Travel throughout the geographic area of responsibility to conduct investigations at various places of employment, residence, and education institutions when cases become available.
- Engage in dialogue on a regular basis with managers and representatives at contractor facilities, various U. S. Government organizations, and law enforcement agencies to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Adapt to changing situations and environments as they occur and be able to interact with people from all walks of life and socioeconomic levels.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills and exhibit professional demeanor in all situations.
- Work load based on availability of cases in geographic area.
- Some voluntary, temporary duty assignments in other areas of the country (typically 2-4 weeks at a time) are possible.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Experience and Education:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience within the past ten (10) years conducting investigations at the federal, state, or local level of government.
- Experience conducting one-on-one subject interviews.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to work in a MS Windows based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and E-mail.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government granted security clearance.
- Office of Personnel Management investigator training.
- Prior background investigations experience supporting government contracts.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Current SSBI or active Secret security clearance based on a SSBI.