OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation
is seeking talented individuals committed to excellence, honesty, and integrity to join our team. We are a trusted provider of high quality background investigations programs to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the intelligence community at locations throughout the United States. OMNIPLEX is seeking to fill immediate and upcoming openings for Contract Investigators. A Contract Investigator works for us on an as needed basis and no hours are guaranteed. We prefer Contractors to be available to work a minimum of ten hours per week where work is available. Successful candidate must be willing to travel within a 35-50 mile radius from city location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct federal background investigations in compliance with all laws, and other required federal agency regulations.
- Conduct in-person, one-on-one subject interviews to obtain factual information about the individual's background and character, in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Obtain factual information from a variety of personal and record sources to produce a report of investigation, containing all pertinent facts, of an individual's background and character, in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Travel throughout the geographic area of responsibility to conduct investigations at various places of employment, residence, and education institutions when cases become available.
- Engage in dialogue on a regular basis with managers and representatives at contractor facilities, various U. S. Government organizations, and law enforcement agencies to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Adapt to changing situations and environments as they occur and be able to interact with people from all walks of life and socioeconomic levels.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills and exhibit professional demeanor in all situations.
- Work load based on availability of cases in geographic area.
- Some voluntary, temporary duty assignments in other areas of the country (typically 2-4 weeks at a time) are possible.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Experience and Education:
- Minimum one (1) year of specialized federal background investigative experience.
- Experience conducting one-on-one subject interviews.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to work in a MS Windows based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and E-mail.
- Current (within scope) government granted security clearance based on a SSBI.
- Office of Personnel Management investigator training.
- Prior background investigations experience supporting government contracts.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Current Top Secret government clearance.